It seems that Apple’s Ping didn’t reach desired heights, when it comes to social media. This was hinted at by Apple’s CEO Tim Cook that with the latest release of iTunes. Ping never lived up to its potential due to limited amount of iTunes users, the lack artist profiles, and serious spam issues. Now with the integration with Facebook, it makes sense for Apple to get rid of Ping!
- Apple’s Ping to End With a Thud in Next Release of iTunes (allthingsd.com)
- Apple to Retire Ping With the Next iTunes [REPORT] (mashable.com)
- Apple to kill social network Ping, report says (cnn.com)
- Hot Rumor: Apple to Kill Ping Social Media Platform (mobilemarketingwatch.com)
- Ping to be given its marching orders in iTunes 11 (apple24seven.wordpress.com)